Would you be excited to work with a groundbreaking company that’s focused on decarbonizing the atmosphere? Founded in 2019, CarbonCapture is a California-based climate tech company that makes modular machines that can be connected in large arrays to capture massive amounts of CO2 directly from the atmosphere. CarbonCapture was created at Idealab, a leading technology incubator.
The Office Manager will help to build and maintain key company infrastructure to enable seamless daily operations. The successful candidate will work with a tight knit team of scientists, engineering, and business leads, thus excellent interpersonal and communications skills are a must. They will also interface with external partners, investors, suppliers, and board members of a regular basis. Being an independent thinker and the desire to continuously learn new skills is essential.
- Accounting and purchasing: set up and manage basic purchasing and accounts payable processes. Interface with the finance department to integrate these processes into on-line accounting systems. Provide procurement and expediting support to engineering and prototype teams
- Human resources: provide support to hiring managers during recruitment and on-boarding of new employees; interface with HR lead to develop / evolve company policies and manuals; support the growth of a healthy culture consistent with the company’s values and mission
- Administrative support: provide support across a wide range of functions including IT, facilities management, business travel, and scheduling; expected to contribute new ideas to improve our business’ efficiency
- Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel)
- Exceptional ability to organize and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization, delegation, and time management skills
- Data entry experience, light book-keeping and/or knowledge of Quickbooks
- Adaptability to a start-up environment